Have you ever felt a deep insatiable hunger for Jesus? When a holy hunger is chumming the waters of your innermost being, the symphony of voices and desires goes silent. However, Christ is not walking on earth in physical form anymore, so how do we, as Christians, gain access to Him today, and how can we become archetypical of Him?
“Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.” - John 16:7 (NKJV)
“There is no neutral ground in the universe; every square inch, every split second, is claimed by God and counterclaimed by Satan!” - CS Lewis
- CHRIST GAVE US AN ADVANTAGE OVER OUR ENEMY!
The first sign of the ascended Christ is the Helper – The Holy Spirit. Jesus finished His task when He went to the cross of Calvary. That means that we have to become what He completed.
Jesus made a profound statement by saying, “Your Kingdom come”, but we need to understand that for the kingdom to come, Jesus couldn’t stay — Matthew 6:10 (NKJV).
- CALVARY WAS NOT ABOUT MAKING JESUS THE MESSIAH:
- He forgave sin before Calvary because He is the Messiah.
- He raised the dead before Calvary because He is the Messiah.
- Jesus crushed the head of the serpent before Calvary.
So, what was the purpose of Calvary? Calvary's purpose was to give you the ability to crush the serpent's head. Because of what Jesus did for you on the cross, you can now have the same ability as Jesus in your homes, business, school, and every place your foot shall tread.
- IF JESUS DID NOT LEAVE, WE WOULD HAVE TO SEND EVERY SICK OR DEMON-POSSESSED PERSON TO JERUSALEM. LET’S TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE GOT BECAUSE HE LEFT:
“But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.” - Matthew 12:28 (NKJV)
- We now have Jesus everywhere we go. We are not limited to accessing Him as a physical person as when He walked as a man on earth.
- The church is the stronghold in this fallen world. We have a defence on what God wants to do on this earth. When we step into His call and set people free, cast out demons, heal the sick, and perform signs and wonders in His name, it is evidence that our power in Christ is far superior to the power that the enemy possesses.
- The church has become the message to the world; the Word must become flesh and dwell among us.
2. FOR THE KINGDOM TO COME, WE MUST STIR UP OUR FAITH!
There are five keys to advancing our faith:
- HEARING — Romans 10:17
- BELIEVING — 1 Thessalonians 2:13
- KNOWING — Romans 8:38-39
- DOING — James 1:22-25
- SEEING — Psalm 27:13
3. TEACHING AND DEMONSTRATION GO HAND-IN-HAND:
Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.” - Luke 10:17 (NKJV)
- The word joy here, in Greek, means to be hilariously overwhelmed, unashamedly expressing what you feel, because the emotion is so deep that you cannot help but express it.
- When Jesus performed a miracle, He didn’t just teach about it; He also demonstrated it. He always taught with a demonstration and led by example. That is why many people cannot experience the supernatural power of God; they love theory but do not advance into the demonstration of it. They do not allow the Holy Spirit to lead them. They hear, believe, and might even know but never enter the dimension of demonstration.
3. JESUS HAS NOW RELINQUISHED LEADERSHIP TO THE HOLY SPIRIT, AND IT IS, THEREFORE, ESSENTIAL TO KNOW THE PURPOSE OF THE HELPER:
- The Holy Spirit is a display of powerful gifts, and when you have the Holy Spirit, you carry the same power as God. This power is carnage to the kingdom of darkness, and the devil is aware of this truth.
- Even though we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, we must still engage in the wrestling. We must not wait for the devil to wrestle with us. You must hear, believe, know, do, and then you will see a manifestation of “Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world!”
- You must be hungry for the Holy Spirit and His power. It is to your advantage that the Lord Jesus gave you the greatest gift anyone could ever ask for, the Holy Spirit.
I declare by the divinely delegated authority of God that I’m fortified by a higher law to live a life that pleases and glorifies God. I no longer see myself as weak but as someone, the Holy Spirit empowers to do great exploits.