Soldiers have relied on armour and other offensive and defensive weapons and equipment to support their mission from ancient times to this day. Paul switches gears in Ephesians 6 and compares the Roman soldier's shield to Christian faith. A seasoned soldier could dispense the shield in favour of a second full-sized weapon.
“But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord” - 2 Corinthians 3:18 (NKJV)
FAITH IS A REVELATION OF TRUTH, NOT JUST ENCOURAGING SPEECH:
FAITH incites the Hand of God upon your life that offers favour:
Isaiah 53:1, Nehemiah 2:8
God’s favour causes His people to triumph without sweat.
- FAITH grants divine speed:
1 Kings 18:46
The hand of God unleashes supernatural speed.
- FAITH provokes divine intervention at will:
Matthew 9:29, 2 Chronicles 20:20
When your faith is fervent, you've asked God to step in.
- FAITH draws on the undefeated power of God to change your story:
God's untainted strength responds to faith and uproots the seeds of impossibility.
- FAITH commits God to confirm His Word:
2 Timothy 2:13, Matthew 24:35
When faith is active, God's character is devoted to protecting His Word.
ACCESS A WORLD WITH NO LIMITS:
- The actuality of the Word that has come to life in us must catalyse our mobilisation. It is God’s resolve that we engage in the realm of no limits; faith is the only gateway to it and the only ingredient that will guarantee it.
- Faith eradicates limitations and is the key to a world of rest — Hebrews 4:3.
- By the vehicle of faith, the Word of God, which is naturally invisible, becomes understandable and manifests in previously incorporeal ways, first in our hearts, then through our actions, and finally in our circumstances — 1 John 1:1.
A SHIFT IN POSITION TAKES PLACE WHEN REVELATION SURFACES:
- When this transition occurs successfully, the Holy Spirit can use it as a conduit to change your posture from defeat to victory.
- Once in this living stream, all anxiety and pressure will be lifted. Your situation will be favourable to observe the full splendour of the Word of God, and it will bring you irrefutable and palpable rest as your companion — Hebrews 11:33-34.
FAITH SPEAKS JESUS’ LANGUAGE AND PRODUCES THE JESUS KIND OF RESULTS:
- In any circumstance, faith is in charge. It responds when you swing it in any direction. However, we could require a heart realignment before the Holy Spirit can start this level of confidence in us. We are not eligible for faith to deliver if our hearts are not in the right place — Acts 8:21.
- Believing in faith is what gives us the strength to push the boundaries. Faith is based on God's strength, not human intellect — 1 Corinthians 2:4. It is a way of being, a place we hold in Christ, and a way of living.
Faith looks at truth, not facts!
- Jesus is the antidote to all the seeds of unbelief that Satan sows in our minds.
- For God, nothing is insurmountable. When we compare God to the boundaries of our unbelief, the entire impossibility is with us.
- Our God is not small; once we realise this, we should realise that neither are we.
- If we could expand our understanding of God, we would realise that we have arrived at a place where everything is possible since our God is almighty against impossible positions.
God will work mightily when we persist in believing Him despite discouragement from a human standpoint.
No man considers the circumstances when he believes.