THIS IS GOD’S TREASURE
What this world needs most, and the families in this world is the fear of the Lord. Isaiah 33:6 (KJV) says the fear of the Lord is His treasure. It’s not something to be despised. It’s His treasure that He shares with His people.
God wants us to search for truth like any other treasure. Jesus said to search for the truth of the scriptures, for in them, we will find the truth about Him. Are you one of those people who search the scriptures? Are you one of those who search the scriptures with diligence for truth? Do you comb them earnestly for answers to your questions and needs?
- WHAT DOES THE FOOT IMPRESSION OF ONE WHO WALKS IN THE FEAR OF THE LORD LOOK LIKE?
The Fear of the Lord is the very key that will give you access to the mysteries and secrets of God; as the Bible says,
“The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him,
And He will show them His covenant.” - Psalm 25:14 (NKJV)
The Fear of the Lord means to:
- Obey God instantly,
- Obey God even if it doesn’t make sense,
- Obey God even if it hurts,
- Obey God even if you get nothing out of it,
- Obey God to completion.
2. BE A FRIEND OF GOD:
Think of Isaac. He only became a son of God’s promise after Abraham spent many years in the fire by faith. Abraham climbs the mountain, binds Isaac up, and prepares to make the sacrifice when the Angel of the Lord orders him to stop.
“And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God…” - Genesis 22:12 (NKJV)
“THE ANGEL WAS SAYING THAT NOW I KNOW THAT GOD IS 1ST IN YOUR LIFE.”
- No matter how priceless the sacrifice was to him, he showed God through his obedience that he feared God more than anything, and as a result, Abraham was regarded as a friend by God.
- Interestingly, the Lord does not see everyone as a friend but says in perfect clarity in Psalm 25:14 (NLT) that the Lord is a friend to those who fear Him.
- Secrets we reserve for our most trusted friends; God is not different and says He shares His secrets with His friends and those who fear Him are considered His closest friends.
3. THE FEAR OF THE LORD IS NOT OBSOLETE AND OUT OF STYLE BUT A VITAL PRINCIPLE CONNECTING US WITH GOD’S POWER:
Fear of man will only prove to be a snare, and only the fear of God can deliver us from it and the terrorization of our enemies. Therefore, we must understand this principle through revelation.
4. IT IS A NECESSITY FOR SALVATION:
Philippians 2:12-13 (NKJV)
The working out of our salvation isn’t birthed from our faith. But instead of fearing the Lord in its correct understanding. Faith cannot be pure in form without the fear of the Lord.
5. IT ENABLES US TO TAKE DOMINION:
Deuteronomy 10:12 (NKJV)
The Fear of the Lord is a command, not an option. The word walk in this verse means to advance, be fruitful and multiply. If you lack Fear of the Lord in your life, you will stagnate, but as long as you keep advancing, you will be able to take dominion, and the valley of death will not consume you.
6. IT IS OUR CONFIDENCE AND PROMISE OF PROTECTION
Proverbs 14:23-27 (NKJV)
Anyone with an undiluted concept of the true Living God will also fear Him. This variation of fear is cultivated out of a relationship with God. Fearing God will remove any obstacles in the way of intimacy with Him. It will open the door to a closer relationship where He will whisper the thoughts of His heart to you.
7. FAITH VERSUS FEAR OF GOD:
Faith and fearing the Lord are not the same thing. Fearing the Lord will cause God to become a bigger reality than any circumstance that we are facing. We need the fear of the Lord to balance our faith correctly. We may be executing violent faith but have no “fear”. Because there is no fear, our faith never manifests in the natural.
We need to humble ourselves in the fear of the Lord and revere Him for Who He is. Then the course of our lives will take a whole new direction, and things will start to fall into place. If our expectations coincide with reverence and respect for God, we will step into the stream of His perfect will and blessings for our lives.
“A GOD-FEARING CULTURE IS CRUCIAL FOR THOSE WHO DESIRE A MEANINGFUL LIFE!”